Imagene Isoflow Reagent Dispenser
The IsoFlow™ Dispenser is an integrated system which precisely dispenses liquid reagents in lines onto membranes for the production of immunochromatographic diagnostic test strips. IsoFlow™ accurately and repeatedly applies a continuous reagent line onto the solid medium.
IsoFlow™ uses digitally controlled positive displacement pumps in combination with precision nozzles to develop a uniform stream of reagent. The nozzles are moved over the membrane using a digitally controlled carriage resulting in a fine line of reagent on the membrane with an inherently uniform reagent density (uL/mm).
IsoFlow™ simplifies the development, optimization, and manufacture of diagnostic test strips by allowing the operator to easily vary the dispense rate by entering the desired value (in uL/mm) into IsoFlow’s™ hand-held terminal. There is no need to “recalibrate” between settings.
The Low Contact Pressure
The IsoFlow™ Low Contact Pressure (LCP) nozzles allow for greater flexibility in operating parameters than non-contact type dispensers. Reagent delivery rates below 0.01 uL/mm are possible with carriage speeds from 10-300 mm/s. The nozzles typically have larger inside diameters (ID) than non-contact type nozzles. The larger ID lowers shear stress on the fluid, allows lower dispense pressures, and greatly reduces the chance of clogging.
The key to the LCP technology is the flexible nozzles. Variations in the membrane thickness cause the nozzles to flex a little more or less so that the contact with the membrane is always maintained. The contact pressure is so low that there is no significant mechanical stress on the membrane.
- Dispense 1 to 8 different reagents simultaneously. Each reagent dispensed is controlled independently.
- Dispense rate set digitally from 0.01 uL/mm to 10 uL/mm.
- Carriage speed set digitally from 10 to 300 mm/second.
- Dispense onto membranes up to 500 mm long and 120 mm wide.
- Completely digital operation. No micrometers or pressure regulators required.
- Minimum spacing between nozzles is 5 mm (non-staggered).
- Internal vacuum source to hold down membrane. No external air or vacuum required.
- Low dead volume – approximately 100 uL of which 60 uL can be recovered when dispensing is complete.
- Small foot print (33 cm wide by 66 cm long) and light weight (13 kg).
Imagene Reel to Reel Dispensing System
The IsoFlow™ Reel-to-Reel Dispenser precisely dispenses liquid reagents in lines, onto reels of membrane, for the production of immunochromatic diagnostic strip tests. The membrane is dried in the integral drying tower before it is re-reeled. The IsoFlow™ Reel-to-Reel Dispenser is designed for large-scale production and can produce 30 to 60 thousand tests per hour.
Digitally controlled positive displacement pumps in combination with Imagene’s LCP (Low Contact Pressure) nozzles ensure consistent lines of the highest quality. When configured with Imagene’s atomizing nozzle the system can be used for treating conjugate pads with release buffers and colloidal gold conjugates.
- Dimensions on backed or un-backed membrane, with or without liner
- Dispenses fine reagent lines using Low Contact Pressure (LCP) nozzles
- Dispences conjugates using Atomizing nozzle
- 10-150 mm/s dispense rates
- Throughput more than 60,000 tests per hour
- Dispense volumes from 0.001 to 10 uL/mm
- Individual Dance Arms precisely control tension in each web
- 3″ Standard Core ID
- 10″ Reel OD
- Easy to use and maintain
- Minimal training required
- Completely digital operation
- Reduced labor cost and overhead
- Drying Tower
- 4 meter drying tower standard
- Larger towers optional
- Tower temperature 30-60 degrees Celsius
- Dimensions (4 Reel system)
- 1.37 M (54″) high
- 2.3 M (90″) long
- Weight 100 Kg (220 lbs)
- Power 1500 watts – 110 or 220 VAC